When you’re in the province, you will discover different foods you never imagined to be eaten.
This Filipino food is really delicious and tasty, although prep time specially peeling the Moringa Fruit will take awhile.
And take note, you don’t need to peel everything away, you just need to remove the top layers of the fruits’ skin.
Another thing, eating the fruit requires a little bit of practice. The fruit cannot be eaten as a whole because there are thick fibers inside it.
Rather, you have to squeeze the contents of the fruit out using your teeth and lips. And this is where the fun begins.
For the poeple who knows how to eat this perfectly, it’s time to bring back memories.
- 10 pieces Moringa (Malungay) Fruit (see pics above)
- 1 cup Moringa leaves (Malungay)
- 2 medium sized sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 3 whole tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 slices of pork belly (1/5 lb)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt (for taste) or fish sauce
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil and minced garlic.
- Stir fry until garlic turns golden brown, try to void burning the garlic.
- Add slices of pork belly and stir fry until golden.
- Add water, pepper and sweet potato, simmer until tender.
- Add the Moringa Fruit and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add Moringa leaves and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt or fish sauce to taste.
- Serve with rice.